Lesson I learnt from this year CBSE Class 12th topper

Lesson I learnt from this year CBSE Class 12th topper.

She said she read for 6 hours every day. From 4am -6am. And again from 4pm-8pm.

She took break because her parents told her when we read for a long stretch of hour.. 10-13 hours.. we get mentally exhausted. That is we dont remember much. We get tire.

That is  this topper girl read for a few hours only.

She scored 496 marks out of 500 marks. She scored 100 the full mark in 3 subjects out of 5 subjects. And the other 2 subjects she scored 98 out of 100. These are the marks I never scored and will never score.

But I can learn from this girl. A life changing lesson.

She studied every day. For 6 hours. This is habit. She must have been enjoying every day. We people enjoy. We enjoy habits. When reading is habit we will not think we are doing any hard job. I wish I thought like her. Now I do. To survive. To make them become my habits.

And she managed her time. She prioritised her time. And she hoped to get only 95 per cent. Not 99.2% that she got.

She was just doing it. Not having goals. We do things much better when we don't have goals. As we enjoy doing it. Goals sometimes give us burden. Success is the byproduct of doing things regularly. Every day. This is what I extracted from her story.

Yes she has a mentor. Her parent prepared a to-do list for her. A subject-wise to-study list for a week.

Make habit. Love doing what you do. Success is the byproduct. I wish to take this as a lesson learnt from this topper girl.

28 May 2015

Comments