Father's Day.
Father's Day.
This day I feel sad. And happy at the same time.
As we dont have this day in our lives, I feel shy to call and say Happy Father's Day to my father. He might not know what Father's Day is. But he will when I explain to him.
Same thing happens when there is Mother's Day. I dont call and wish my mother Happy Mother's Day.
I feel sad because I am not calling them and wishing them.
And I am feeling happy because I am grateful that they are my parents and still living healthy.
To be very honest I dont even remember this day. I dont wait for this day. Only when I see them on news on social media and on paper I just realise that today is the day.
And I feel happy. I remember them. More deeply. More feeling of gratitute.
I just think and wish that my parents will also not feel sad if they know what day today is.
This is just not part of our lives.
But it is funny that I wait for the Valentines Day. Which is not part of our lives. But it has become part of our lives. For most of us.
Actually feeling sad on this day is just maybe 0.0009 percent. I dont feel anything at all. Same thing happens on thier birthdays. I dont know the dates too.
Today I just remember both my parents. And feel grateful. I think this is what all I need. What my parents need.
I am not wishing my father.
This day I feel sad. And happy at the same time.
As we dont have this day in our lives, I feel shy to call and say Happy Father's Day to my father. He might not know what Father's Day is. But he will when I explain to him.
Same thing happens when there is Mother's Day. I dont call and wish my mother Happy Mother's Day.
I feel sad because I am not calling them and wishing them.
And I am feeling happy because I am grateful that they are my parents and still living healthy.
To be very honest I dont even remember this day. I dont wait for this day. Only when I see them on news on social media and on paper I just realise that today is the day.
And I feel happy. I remember them. More deeply. More feeling of gratitute.
I just think and wish that my parents will also not feel sad if they know what day today is.
This is just not part of our lives.
But it is funny that I wait for the Valentines Day. Which is not part of our lives. But it has become part of our lives. For most of us.
Actually feeling sad on this day is just maybe 0.0009 percent. I dont feel anything at all. Same thing happens on thier birthdays. I dont know the dates too.
Today I just remember both my parents. And feel grateful. I think this is what all I need. What my parents need.
I am not wishing my father.
21 June 2015
Comments
Post a Comment